Friends Reunion. Two words that are more than enough to get a fan excited. Most of us have grown up watching the iconic television show F.R.I.E.N.D.S and it shows. We have all watched the epic show through seasons 1 to 10 more times than we care to admit. And after the series finale, we can’t help but hope for a friends reunion. Or how amazing would it be to watch it from the beginning? With no memory of the show? But since that’s not possible, we are constantly hoping for a reunion. Especially considering the fact that this is the 25th anniversary of one of the most amazing shows of our time,
From the time the show ended in 2004, a lot of celebrity talk show hosts have attempted to get the stars- Jennifer Aniston, David Schwimmer, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Courteney Cox and Matthew Perry together but sadly they have never appeared together. The most we have seen of them is at the Tribute to James Burrows which unfortunately could not be attended by Matthew Perry.
But from time to time this “Friends Movie” Trailer keeps making the rounds and manages to break new hearts each time it starts trending. This is the work for a very devoted Friends fan who has managed to put together video glimpses of the friends cast which has resulted in a fake movie trailer. Watch it here but don’t fall for it.
All the members of the friends cast have been asked time and again about a friends reunion but unfortunately, nothing seems to be on the cards. Recently Marta Kauffman went on record to say that they will not be doing a reunion as they do not want to disappoint fans.
Although some of the cast members like Jen Aniston have expressed their interest in participating in a Friends reunion project. Jen Aniston went on to say that it was definitely a possibility. Watch the video of Jen on Ellen’s Show.
What do Chandler, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Ross and Rachel think?
- Matthew Perry is not up for one cos he is worried that no one would care. Really? I think not.
- Courteney Cox is totally game for a reunion but even she is not so sure if it will actually work.
- Lisa Kudrow is also up for one. She would definitely want to reprise her iconic role of Phoebe Buffay.
- Matt LeBlanc, on the other hand, is not up for doing one, ever. The show is about a period of time in a group of friends’ lives- from after college to settling down. And they have all moved on from there. Even if they were to do a movie or a show now, Matt LeBlanc wonders what it would be about.
- David Schwimmer is like a cat on the wall about the whole thing.
- Jennifer Aniston is all for a reboot of the show. She described playing the role of Rachel on Friends as the best job she ever had.
We as fans should accept that it is just an iconic show that probably may not work in this day and age. We should just settle for binge watching the show, multiple reruns and move on.